Monday, October 17, 2011

Group working---I learn a lot of thing!

Last Thursday, our group gave a presentation about our assignment in seminar class. Although it’s the first time we work together, I think we have done a good job. It’s not because how much the achievement we have realized, but the process we have experienced. During last two weeks, I really enjoyed the happy time working with my two classmates Mauricio and Andres.
The most valuable things in my mind could be three points:
1、         the developing friendship
2、         the effective working cooperation
3、         the lesson we get from our experiment
We got excited after we decided to choose the assignment 1 as our group working. First, we found the resources and inspiration together. Since we got the interesting topic about the Signs, we separated everyone’s single task. I was going to give the introduction about the video resources and our plan, Andres got to show our own experiments, and Mauricio would give a conclusion.
In this post, I would rather say something more about our own experiments.
At the very beginning, we had a very bad experience. I concluded the reasons for two aspects. One could be the material we chosen to make the signs, and another must be what the signs said. To make the sign seems more official, we went to the bookstore. We bought a big board and some black letters which can stick on to any paper. When we took them into practice, we were sad to find that the letters didn’t work so well. They just like the sticky we used in daily life, falling easily. This action was a little like gilding the lily, because printer could be much more convenient and cheaper. What’s more, the big board was not only difficult to carry but also hard to put in the suitable place. Then considering about what the sign said, we might have the fault to choose something a little bit serious and impolite. We put a sign beside the elevator which has a big volume of daily passengers, and it said: “don not use the elevator.” It must be a trick to us that on that day the elevator beside the one we tested was out of work, on which there was also a sign might be from the university said: “the elevator is out of work”. I feel so sorry when I saw an old lady with white hair hesitated to step in when other people dared to do so. She looked these two signs and stepped back. It seemed like that she was afraid of the situation about the poor elevator. What made me even more uncomfortable is that she was too old to get the stair way, so the elevator was her only assistant, but we stopped her. At the end, we gave it up. We don’t want put others in some embarrassing situation. Here, I want to say so sorry to that old lady.
After taking some effective advices from Jessica, we changed our plan. We printed the signs as “don’t use this door, use the left one” and “please give me a smile”. We also recorded the sense, just as the ones we have shown in class. Whether they are good or not, we have tried our best.
Thinking about my performance, I may a little be nervous, but I really enjoy the moment showing what we have experienced. By the way, I really want to thank my partners Mauricio and Andres. I feel so happy to complete the interesting experiments with you.         

No comments:

Post a Comment