Wednesday, September 21, 2011

About "obedience"--sep.21.2011

I am quite interested in the topic of “obedience”, and the materials we have been reading and seeing are really attractive. “Surprised” could be described as my first impressions about the reading and video. In my opinion, obedience simply can be described as “following the rules or command”. when I was young, I used to think that obedience is positive which can make us live in well-regulated circumstances, but after I grew up, I was frustrated to find that we have no choice to obey something against our principles. It’ s very sad to think about it.
I do think it will change the way my view ideas about authority and conformity.  I can’t help thinking the predictions and the real fact. I can’t image how so many people will continue until 450 volts. They abandon their authority to humanity and human sympathy but choose to obey the cruel suggestion even it is just an experiment.
Anyway, I think authority and conformity should not be blind. We ought to insist on the basic principle to be human, to respect ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol,

    I like your observations about obedience not being blind. I can be so hard to do what we know is right when we are put in difficult situations. Hopefully material like this not only makes us think but also makes us more mindful of our actions and their consequences.

    ReplyDelete